Sunday, December 7, 2008

YUMMMM...



Okay this post is all about food. Why? Because the food in Astoria is SO GOOD! Seriously! First of all, world famous Stumptown Coffee (http://stumptowncoffee.com/), loved by hipsters throughout the Northwest, got it's start in Astoria! I know that's not exactly food, but I could live on this alone - so rich, heartwarming, yumminess... Although I may die from caffeine overdose...it's worth it... John got me into it in Seattle, and now I have my very own hip coffee shop to get it at here - Astoria Coffee House (http://www.astoriacoffeehouse.com/). AND they have cool art, live music, good breakfast... Oh yeah, getting back to food. So, when I came here to scope things out my family stumbled upon the Urban Cafe downtown, and it soon became the go-to place to go for yummy food, drinks, and cool gourmet quesadillas (curried chicken, walnut and apple quesadilla anyone?). However, I discovered (too late) that they don't have breakfast. So, I did a little research and have found a couple cool breakfast places, including my new favorite - the Columbian Cafe (http://www.columbianvoodoo.com/). It's a cool tiny cafe tucked away between to the Cleanline Surf Shop and the Voodoo Lounge - both also very cool, hip places to go. Check out the website - they have this cool thing in Oregon where you can go see a cheap movie ($4), drink beer, eat pizza and sit on comfy couches in an old movie theatre (in this case, The Columbian). So fun! Anyhoo, I'm still digesting my fresh crab and havarti cheese omelet that I had this morning - served on a healthy serving of spinach and tomatoes. Crab season opened about 1 1/2 weeks ago to pretty dismal results, but I'm still enjoying the local catch...mmmmmm....

1 comment:

Slim said...

Cleanline is in Seaside, lady. You talking Cold Water Surf?

Post a Comment