Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Water, water everywhere...

So my surroundings here on the North Coast consist primarily of bodies of water. Rivers (one BIG one!), streams, bays, lakes, and of course the mighty ocean. On my daily drive to work - don't worry it will become a daily bike to work this spring/summer when it's warmer and lighter in the morning! - anyhow, on my 12-minute commute to work, I cross 3 bridges and see not 1, not 2, but 5 bodies of water! It's pretty cool. The Columbia River, obviously (I can see that one from my kitchen window sipping coffee), Youngs River, Youngs Bay, Skipanon River, and Alder Lake. Out in the distance I can see the Lewis and Clark River, too. And of course if I drove another 1 mile or so I'd end up in the Pacific Ocean (near Fort Stevens State Park). I love it - I see tons of waterbirds, seabirds, birds birds birds...

Check it out: "Beth's Drive to Work"

No comments:

Post a Comment