Friday, December 12, 2008

The REAL West coast...

Gusting to 60 mph winds, horizontal rain, snow at the beach (?!)...This is what I love! And this isn't even that big a deal for the locals. But I'm excited - my first storm in Astoria! Yahoo! Hope the power doesn't go out, good thing I have some friends up the hill with a wood-fire stove! It's supposed to drop down to the 20's on Sunday. Good thing I got some clamming in on Thursday (well clam-spotting, I couldn't collect any without a permit...next year!)...

Clam Diggin'! http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2008/01/clam_digging.html



Fort Stevens State Park... This was a peaceful, high and dry beach on Thursday when I was clamming...



Columbia River...high tide and big swell = flooding!


Haystack Rock (receding tide)





You can't really tell, but HUGE waves! And pelicans are still here!



Rainbow (look close)!

No comments:

Post a Comment